Friday, August 22, 2008

The White Coat Ceremony




It was so exciting to see Ryan get his white coat. I did not get to see much of the actual ceremony because my Lilly did not see the value in sitting and being quite. We did get to see Ryan walk across the stage and have his coat placed on him. He had the biggest grin on his face. Right when Ryan was walking across the stage Lilly started screaming "Dada, Dada." The whole audience began to chuckle. I was a little embarrassed but it was really cute. Lilly has become very attached to Ryan. She cries every morning when he leaves. This ceremony just made this whole dental thing seem much more real. I think Ryan totally looks like a dentist. After the students have all received there white coats they recited "The Dental Student's Oath". The oath indicates the "student's intention and willingness to assume the obligations and responsibilities of their chosen profession". Well it was a great evening. I am finally feeling a little more settled here in Milwaukee. I can't believe how quickly I am figuring out how to get everywhere.

6 comments:

Dave said...

He looks so official. Congratulations on your new adventures in dentistry.

James and Bethany said...

congrats!!! that is so exciting. it sounds like you had the same experience as us. We miss you guys. hey, what restaurants did you say we should go to here in pittsburgh? i can't remember.

Anonymous said...

The long drive back was well worth it now that I can see you in that white coat. Were are so pleased with the three of you - - - - God bless you Dad

Sheffers said...

YAY! Congratulations, the coat looks very nice on Ryan. Its official DR.Ryan, fun stuff!

Suzi said...

Bethany in Pitt. we love Rita's for Italian Ice, Dave and Andy's (the best ice cream I recommend birthday cake flavor) Primanti Brothers, Original Hot Dog Shop, and check out the strip (Marie can give you more details) there is so much good food down there. Sorry one more I just thought of. On the strip you have to get a Mancini's hot pepperoni roll. Oh it is a good thing I don't live there.

Bre said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of all of you. Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. I'm sending some your way to Suzi. Sorry they are so late. Miss you all.