Thursday, October 23, 2008

A visit from my mom!

I know I should have posted these pictures days ago. I don't know why it has taken me that long. I wish I could say I have been really busy doing all kinds of fun and important stuff. Away we had such a great visit with my mom. She has such a way of making me feel like everything is okay. Her excitement has made me look at Milwaukee in a new light. Thanks mom for helping me see the positive in every situation!

Of course we took my mom to the local zoo. Lilly loved showing her all the "anima" (animals).






This place was so cool because the bird are able to fly around and they do. Some of them are really big and I always get scared when they fly.



Lilly loves the elephants or "ella" as she calls them.

Next we did some shopping. I love shopping with my mom we always find the best deals. Sorry I did not take any pictures of us shopping.

Finally we rode the Metra to Chicago. It was so fun. Driving and parking in Chicago is a mess. Ryan and I were so excited that we found a better way to get there. Once you get into the city of Chicago they have several different free trolleys that take you to cool places all over the city.


Ryan and Lilly riding the Metra train to Chicago.


Here we are on a trolly.


Chicago river.


This was an awesome street performer. He would move when people would tip him.


Hershey store. They gave out the best samples!


Lilly stopping to check out the flowers.


Well that is are visit in a nut shell. I wish I would have taken more pictures of my mom and Lilly. I guess she will just have to come back again sometime. Our next big adventure will be driving to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving to see Ryan's brother and his wife and little boy. Then we will be headed to Utah for Christmas. I can't wait to see everyone.

Thanks again mom for the visit. I seem to be looking at this place a little differently now.

8 comments:

mrs. farlanderz said...

we LOVE chicago - I am jealous!!

Meg B said...

Oh my goodness, my little niece is growing up to be a big girl! I didn't even recognize her right away in the first picture! Can't wait to see yall soon!

McAffee said...

Wow that Chicago trip would be a DREAM for Linus. The kid just loves assorted methods of transportation and chocolate. We'll have to do a repeat if/when we make it to visit you guys.
Can't wait for your visit!

Cara and Steve said...

I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with your mom... the excursion to Chicago looked like a lot of fun! We will be coming home for Christmas too, I can hardly wait. I hope all is well...

jessica&john.com said...

Ahh, I love your mom! She has hardly changed a bit since we were 5. What a good looking grandma!
YAY! You're coming home for Christmas. Let's all get together. We need to plan it otherwise it won't happen. How far is Chicago from you? Such a cool city!

Sheffers said...

So fun! I am glad your mom made it up to see you. Lilys hair is getting so long! It will be fun to see you next month. p.s. Chicago looks like so much fun, and very pretty pictures.

Warner Fam said...

You should consider yourself lucky that you get to be on an adventure and see something other than Utah. Not everyone gets to do this. I am so jealous!!

jb_mom said...

Suzy know that you are missed and that we love you so much..... ok that was the sister stuff...Now you are in such trouble I have spent the last stinking hour trying to make a blog and I cant!!!! YOU better get home and help me!!!!