Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our home part 1

So some have been asking to see pictures of our home. I hesitate because I don't want to be judged on the lack of decorating skills I possess and lets face it my house rarely looks the way I want it to. So here are a few pictures I am okay with posting. Our home is small but we are grateful to have it. Over the next four years maybe I will get better at this whole decorating thing. (don't look to close at the shelving units I have not decided what to put on there and how to arrange it. ) Anyway here is the way our home is now.


This couch was our twenty dollar craigs list couch. It was in fine condition but I slip covered it anyway. It is great for sleeping on when Ryan is up late studying in our room.




I know our kitchen and dinning area look small but they are way bigger then what we had in student housing at the U. I love having a dish washer, a normal sized oven and counter space! We are even lucky to have some extra storage that some apartments don't have here.



So this post looked really boring so I added this photo of Lilly being so helpful in the kitchen. She loves my oven mitts.

10 comments:

Meg B said...

Awe, it is so cute! We will have to go visit eventually- someday when we have time and money! Good to see yall are all set up and it looks like you're doing well.

Lisa said...

Don't worry about the decorating skills. I lack in that department as well. I get my ideas from Design to Sell. However, when you're in a rental, there isn't much you can do!

Matt and Amie said...

Suzi it looks great! I cant believe we still havent even been over to see it and you are just a few apartments down!

Heather said...

I think it looks great. That's a good sized living room and kitchen too for a student apartment. Congratulations on a dishwasher. I thought my first dishwasher was a wonderful addition.

Krista Lou Cook said...

It looks great!

McAffee said...

Wow that is a LOT of space! I love that wall of closets and stuff in the dining room. I think you've done a great job.
Thanks for the pictures!

Warner Fam said...

Looks like you are settled in. You did great decorating an appartment. There is only so much you can do to personalize it. Hope all is well!!

jessica&john.com said...

You have done a great job with your little pad & I can't believe you bought that couch for $20 bucks!
I love the oven mitts on Lilly. What a cute mama's little helper!

Bre said...

The apartment looks great. Nice and comfortable.

Darilyn said...

Your home is great and so clean! I'm impressed. I wish my house looked that clean. The couch does look comfy!