Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sweet Emmalyn

Well on August 2nd Ryan and I headed off to the hospital so I could give birth to my sweet baby Emmalyn McAffee. I was so blessed to have my mom in town to watch the girls for me. Here is my last pregnant shot with Emmalyn.
This was my third induction so I was hopeful that all would go smoothly. Everything went fine until my epidural did not completely work. I keep feeling really hard and mean contractions. All morning they kept adjusting things but not much helped. It took some of the edge off but I could not believe how tense I was and I just could not relax at all. They checked me at 11:50 am and I was only a dilated to a five. They adjusted stuff with my epidural again and I finally got more relief. At 12:15pm I really started to feel my body pushing the baby out. I called for the nurse and she checked me and I was crowning. They called my doctor and told me to try not to push and wait for the doctor. It is a mazing by the time you have your third baby your body can just take over. My body could not wait and my nurse Kara delivered Emmalyn at 12:44 pm Aug. 2 20111. She was just a peanut weighing 6 lb 9 oz and 18" long. We had not fully decided on her name before she was born. As soon as she was born the nurses were checking her over (I think they were being a little over concerned because my doctor was not there) and Ryan said yep she is an Emmalyn. He wanted to text and call everyone. I just wanted to hold and look at my baby before we settled on a name. I finally got to hold my little girl. She was wide awake and just stared at me. We had a moment and then I let Ryan tell the world of the birth of our little Emmalyn.

Emmalyn had little bruising because she was not in the birth canal very long. She was perfect in every way.

I love how excited Ryan gets for the birth of each of our babies. I also hate how skinny he always seems to get right before I give birth!
My mom was able to bring the girls to the hospital soon after Emma was born. They loved her the moment they met her!
Our first family shot.
Just the girls!
My mom! She is the best!
My nurse Kara checking Emmalyn out.

Some of my friends came to visit that night. From left to right: Becky Jackson, Rebecca Poulsen, Brittney Checketts, and Denise Christensen. I have been so lucky to have amazing friend while we are here in Wisconsin.


Emmalyn all dressed and ready to head home!
It was so hot here in August. We made it home safely and all is history now. Emma keeps growing and her sister are still as in love with her as they were the day they met her. I feel so extremely blessed to be the mother of three beautiful, creative, loving, strong and healthy baby girls!

6 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

Love the photos, so cute!

Erica said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went well and that you're all doing great! She's a cutie and we miss you guys!

Erin Stones said...

She's beautiful... congratulations!

Chelsea said...

you look amazing!!!! and she is so precious as well as your older girls :) congratulations

Heather said...

I love how all of your girls look so much like you. What a beautiful family you have!. Congratulations (rather late). I love her name.

The Burnah Clan said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! As are ALL your girls! We love those girls! :)