Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What a Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving week. Last Tuesday we headed on a 11 hour car ride to Pittsburgh. I can't believe I did it. But the prospect of getting to spend Thanksgiving with family got me through. Ryan's brother Richy lives in Pittsburgh. It was great to see them again. We had a great week of shopping, eating and hanging out. As Ryan and I reflected on the week we didn't come up with one sour point. (Yes Richy and Marie I didn't even mind the killer bunnies.) We even got a date night. Marie's mom Joy was in town and watch both Lilly and Linus so we could go out. Ryan and I have not been without Lilly since July so it was a much needed break. Anyway thanks for the great week Richy and Marie we loved it!

Lilly in the car ready for our trip. If Ryan and I wear sun glasses then Lilly needs hers as well!


On Wed. we went to one of my favorite places ever, Rita's Italian Ice!!! It is so good. We were lucky to get some because that was the last day they were open for the winter. Man it was just as good as I remember!


Here we are on the strip. It is this cool place where you walk up and down the streets and do all kinds of shopping. There are all different kinds of street vendors and the best food ever can be found there. It is a good thing I don't live in Pittsburgh.


Cousins are the best! Lilly and Linus seemed to have a great time together! Linus was such an awesome cousin and friend to Lilly. He even shared all his trucks with Lilly.

Well I almost left out one of the highlights. Richy smoked our turkey for Thanksgiving. (I did not take a single picture of our Thanksgiving feast. I don't know what I was thinking!!) The turkey was so moist and had great flavor. We were all worried that it would be dry. We had a great feast.

Well thanks Richy, Marie and Joy for the best week. We loved seeing you guys!

5 comments:

Darilyn said...

Isn't family the best? I'm so glad you were able to make that trip. What a great time it looks like you all had.

Heather said...

I'm glad you have family within a days drive. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.I'm thinking either the 17th or 23rd. What do you think?

Warner Fam said...

I wish I could have gone somewhere different for Thanksgiving. Lilly looks so cute in her sunglasses. Looks like you guys had a great time!

jessica&john.com said...

I love the picture of Lilly in her stylin glasses. It sounds like you had a pretty action packed holiday. How fun. I am sure it was a trip you will always treasure. I'm excited to hear more about it when you come out.

Jill said...

I can't wait until you come out here so I can see your cute little girl and gossip about the idiots we work with. See you in a few weeks!!!