Thursday, December 11, 2008

Who would have thought.

Well this week has been interesting to say the least. I had already been dreading this week because Ryan was going to be so busy with finals that I knew I would be flying solo taking cake of Lilly. Well nothing could have prepared me for Monday night. Late Monday night Ryan got home from studying and was complaining that his stomach hurt. He said he was going to watch some TV and drink a soda to see if he could feel better. Well about 1 am Tuesday morning he came in and said he was in a lot of pain. Before I could even think about what to do Ryan was dressed and telling me not to worry that he was just going to drive HIMSELF to the hospital.(Maybe he does have a little Ken Burns in him) Before I could even protest he had pulled up a local hospital on navigation and was out the door. (Note: when moving to a new city locate your nearest hospital and know how to get there!) A few minutes later he came back to get his back pack in case he had free time he could study for his finals. That kid thinks of nothing but studying. It was so hard to sit there and let my husband drive himself to the hospital when I could tell he was in a lot of pain. After he made it to the hospital they quickly took him back because the pain was getting worse. A few hours later after a CT scan, a lot of poking and prodding determined that it was his appendix and that it needed to come out that day. Lilly and I joined him at the hospital in the morning. Lilly was very concerned about Ryan. She wanted him to get up and play with her. They finally got him into surgery at about 1 pm on Tuesday. I was relieved when the surgeon finally came down and told me that his appendix had not ruptured and that they were able to take it out with no complications. We feel so blessed that Ryan was prompted to go to the hospital so quickly and that he is his doing well. Ryan was released on Wednesday. As soon as he got home he began studying for his final on Thursday. He wanted to be ready to take his final with the rest of his class. Ryan is determined to catch up on all his finals by Friday. Ryan is determined. Thanks to our friends Trent and Britini I am not losing my mind. They took Lilly all day for me yesterday. Also Mitch and Mandy brought us dinner. Oh and Erica who helped me get Ryan's car home from the hospital in a snow storm. So despite it all we are still coming to Utah on Saturday! I can't believe this week. I fell so grateful for the help we have received and the love and concern that everyone has shone us. I know now more than ever that I am not alone here in Milwaukee and that our Heavenly Father is always watching over us!

10 comments:

Darilyn said...

I"m so glad he listened to the promptings of the Spirit and went right away too. I'm glad you have good friends to help you out there. Have fun in Utah and make sure to post some pictures!

The Gentry's said...

What a stressful event! I'm so glad that everything worked out for better. Good Luck to Ryan on getting all his finals done!

Meg B said...

Yay for Saturday! I am glad to hear that Ry got to come home the next day. That's awesome that he is going to be able to get his finals made up before yall come so that he won't have ANY school to think about while yall are here. We can't WAIT for Saturday. Madie is going through her toys to pick out the good ones her and Lilly are going to play with. What time on Saturday do yall get in? Yay! Let us know if there is anything we can do for yall.

Heather said...

What what troopers you all are. I would have used that for an excuse to get out of finals. I hope traveling is not too big of a pain for you all after such a stressful week. Can't wait to see you next week.

Warner Fam said...

That is crazy. I called your mom yesturady and she told me the story. I hope Ryan is doing well. 2 more days and you get to come home.

*The Hales Family* said...

stressful! I am so glad everything is ok!!!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Yikes!. appendix! Sometimes I really wonder why they were even put in! Glad it all got sorted and no complications! Have fun in Utah!

Lisa said...

I'm glad that Ryan is safe! Those darn appendix's are good for nothing! It is good he got it out before it became really bad. Tell him good luck with finals!

mrs. farlanderz said...

oh my!!!! we hope ryan is feeling better! not fun at finals!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, he could totally have gotten out of finals... Man - good for your for being determined!