Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July. I know the 4th was what weeks ago at this point but this is my life lately. Someday I will catch up and be on top of everything.

We had a fantastic 4th of July. It was by far my favorite 4th of July that I can remember. We started off the day by going to the local town parade. It was so fun! Ryan and I both got pretty chocked up each time the service men and women passed as they carried the American flag. We feel truly blessed to live in this country! We also would get chocked up looking at our two beautiful girls and the traditions we are establishing with them. Lilly loved the parade. She would dance and sing with each group that came by. She was also thrilled with all the candy that was tossed. In fact by the end of the parade she just left some on the ground because she was tired of picking all the candy up!




I also loved the marching bands! There is just something magical about a marching band.



After the parade we walked back home for some lunch and a nap. Well Lilly napped and Ryan and I got ready for the BBQ we were having that night.

After nap time we walked to the park.

Here is Lilly showing off her big sister skills with some help from Ryan.





We had some friends join us for a fabulous BBQ that night. At dusk we walked into town were we had reserved a side of a hill to watch fireworks. Lilly was so tired after her long day of fun but she was also so excited to see the fireworks.


Right before the fireworks started I looked down at Lilly and noticed she was trying to keep her eyes open but it was not working. She even tried to hold them open but fell asleep anyway.

This is how Lilly enjoyed the fireworks asleep on my shoulder.

0 comments: